** One note: I don’t encourage bacon everyday. I use only nitrite free uncured organic bacon. I know some people say bacon is paleo but it is still a processed meat with high sodium so please use it wisely.
(approximately 4 per person)
1 Pkg. Organic Nitrite Free uncured bacon (I use Maverick Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Bend the bottom third portion of the asparagus. (See photo) It will snap to the point where the asparagus stem is tender. Discard bottoms. Rinse the asparagus in cool water and dry.
- Wrap each asparagus with ½ slice of nitrite free bacon in a spiral fashion from the bottom to the top leaving the flower exposed.
- Place on grate on top of a cookie sheet (to catch the grease).
- If you line the sheet with aluminum foil, clean up will be a snap! (That's a pun!)
- Roast for 10 minutes. Turn with tongs and cook for 10 minutes more, until bacon is nice and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
You can also make this on the grill as well. It will get a wonderfully deep flavor. But, watch it closely, as it goes from being almost done to over-done quickly.