I could only wish this recipe was mine. It is a Paleo Crunch. I would consider putting my own touch on it to make it better, but honestly, it is perfect just the way it is. It is from www.paleotable.com
Paleo Crunch from Paleo Table
1/2 cup ground flax seeds – I wasn’t sure why these were ground, but after making them I thought it was brilliant. It gives you the sense of eating brown sugar.
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cup almond meal
3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
4 cups raw slivered almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda (not sure about the baking soda – why it is in there. Trying to find out)
1 cup liquified coconut oil (I think you could use 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup raw organic honey
3 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened dried fruit (I used raisins and dried cherries)
1. Preheat oven to 250 °F
2. Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well to ensure ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. In a medium bowl, add wet ingredients and mix together until well combined.
4. Mix wet ingredients thoroughly into dry ingredients.
5. Divide the mixture in a thin layer between 2 rimmed baking sheets and press mixture with the back of a
spoon or spatula until flat.
6. Bake until lightly toasted. (Approx 45 minutes to an hour)
7. Remove pan from oven and stir mixture and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, stir in dried fruit if using and let cool in the pans.
Store in container with a folded paper towel on bottom to absorb any of the excess oil.
I will post a recipe of how to use this mixture. Pam (the author of this recipe) says you can eat it plain or as a cereal with coconut or almond milk. Enjoy.